“The Money’s in the List”

“The Money’s in the List” If you haven’t heard that at least 500 times then you’re a dreaded “newbie.” :)
For the past few years I’ve been slowly building a list. Although I was marketing online long before I started blogging, my list is nowhere close to being “large.” The primary reason is because I’ve never really put a great deal of effort into it. As a matter of fact, most of my subscribers were collected from organic traffic and product sales.

While everyone else has been building their massive lists, I’ve been fighting with SE’s and creating products, which has been profitable, but not nearly as profitable as a responsive list of 50,000+, which I would probably at least have by now if I would have been serious about it from the start.

Today I came across a post over at Yaro Starak’s Internet Business Blog (great guy who is honestly out to help people) that really got me thinking. The post was titled “How to Build a Profitable Email List - Frank Kern Style” and it really opened my eyes to what I’ve been missing out on.

I’m not new to the concept of list-building. I’m actually very confident in my list-building abilities and I’m pretty happy with how my current list is converting; but it’s just too small!

What I realized though, is that I know how powerful lists are because I’ve had my own products promoted to many of them and made loads of money. Why the HELL have I been ignoring that! I’ve been doing the hard work by creating the products and these guys are getting half the money (usually) just by sending a promo out to their list.

So, when the new theme is up, which will hopefully be sometime this week, you’ll be seeing “The Easy SEO Report,” which will be offered for Free with opt-in. That’s going to be the beginning of a major push to increase my newsletter subscriber count! My goal is 20,000 double opt-ins by the end of the year, which will obviously be carried out outside of the blog as well.

So start building a serious list now instead of waiting 4 years like I did! I know for a fact they are extremely profitable and all you need to get started is a report with a short squeeze page and an auto responder. If you want to get lazy you could even rewrite a PLR report.

The auto responder I’ve been using for several years is GetResponse. That and aWeber are the industry leaders for good reason, but if you can’t afford, or don’t care to afford the monthly fee you could go with one of the options that Mo lays out in this list of auto-responders over at the Cayman Host.

No comments: